HEALTH INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
As a patient of our medical practice we require you to provide us with your personal details and a full medical history, so that we may properly assess, diagnose, treat and be proactive in your health care needs.
We will ask for your consent to collect personal information about you and to use the information you provide in the following ways:
- Administrative purposes in running our medical practice.
- Keeping a record of each consultation, which will be maintained and referred to by your doctor in the management of any health problem which may arise.
- Billing purposes, including compliance with Medicare and Health Insurance Commission requirements.
- Disclosure to others involved in your healthcare including treating doctors, specialists and allied health care professionals outside this medical practice.
- This may occur though referral to other doctors, or for medical tests and in the reports or results returned to us following referrals.
- Disclosure to other doctors, nurses, medical students, allied health care professionals in the practice, and locums attached to the practice for the purpose of patient care and teaching and to fulfill their duties in the course of managing health care planning and management of health. Also for access to your My Health Record.
- For research and quality assurance activities to improve individual and community health care and practice management, i.e. accreditation.
- For recall and health management as deemed appropriate by your doctor.
- Clinical audit activities to improve health delivery and promote health outcomes
- To comply with any legislative or regulatory requirements e.g. notifiable diseases.
- Legal requirements such as, subpoena, court order, etc.